This annual event is a fundraiser for the Pulaski Technical College Foundation and is tied closely with the college’s Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Institute, which will host the preliminary competition on Tuesday, March 31, 2 – 8 p.m.
The preliminary event whittles down a large field of contenders in double-elimination style, with a full docket of the state’s best culinary talent (see below). That day’s winner will compete one-on-one against 2014 Diamond Chef winner Marc Guizol of the Capital Hotel in the finale, held Tuesday, June 2 at the Statehouse Convention Center.
Competitors in this year’s preliminaries include:
- Billy Ginocchio, Faculty, PTC Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Institute
- Payne Harding, Executive Chef, Cache
- Elliot Jones, Executive Chef, YaYa’s Euro Bistro
- Angela Nardi, Executive Chef, Superior Bath House Brewery & Distillery
- Justin Patterson, Executive Chef, Southern Gourmasian
- Jason Knapp, Executive Chef, The Green Leaf Grill
The preliminary event is casual, open to anyone, and free to attend, which I highly recommend if you have even the slightest love for fine food and friendly (albeit heated) competition. Just drop in anytime from 2 to 8 p.m. at the culinary school on March 31.
Diamond Chef Arkansas Preliminary Competition
Pulaski Technical College – Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Institute
13000 Interstate 30, Little Rock
Tuesday, March 31, 2 – 8 p.m.
FREE admission, drop in anytime